Thursday, November 12, 2009

RunnersWorld

I'm afraid my title to this blog is quite misleading in that Winston Salem, NC is in fact NOT RunnersWorld. In the 4 months I have been living here, I have ran with another person once. I also (and I will blame this on the lack of running partners, the lack of running routes, and the extreme NC humidity that sat in the air in August and September) have reduced my miles since I have moved here significantly.....to about 15 a week. Kind of a difference from 40. I'd even go so far to say that this is a statistically significant difference since I'm a nerd and choose to apply everything to stats when I get a chance.

I have run 2 marathons. I am crazy. I am about to sign up for another one in March. I am insane. I currently run 15 miles a week. I suck. I am not prepared. This post will serve as motivation - a mantra if you will, that I will get back into it...even if it means I have to run alone. I even ran 7 miles today through Tropical Storm Ike, it was pouring, it was cold, it was windy, it was lunch time - I felt like a real runner again. It was amazing. Tomorrow we will continue the running. Jerry told me that if you do something for 17 days it becomes a routine. Somehow I doubt that I will get into a routine if I run for 17 straight daya, I may just want to stop running all together. Forever. I'll shoot for 2.

When I was living in Dayton (God's Country), I had friends among friends to run with - all my same pace. I even had one particular friend, we will call her my iPod since she served as mine for the 2 years I ran with her at Dayton, she was wonderful. 6 miles, 8 miles, 20 miles, she was there, chatting my ear off. We knew everything about each other and we were matched step for step. My iPod moved to Philly. I moved to Winston Salem. I miss my iPod. So much, I have actually considered buying my own iPod, the ones that play music. However, those don't listen when I want to complain my legs are moving, or that I am so hung over, or that I had a bad day, etc. My old iPod that left me did that. Where can I get a new one of those?

1 comment:

Jaclyn Cranston said...

Your iPod misses you too! Move to Philly with me so we can train! I have it on my calendar to sign up for Chicago on Feb. 1st when registration opens! Please please come move back to me!